As a pokies player you are aware that highlimit pokies machines means you need to play for higher stakes. In such pokies machines you can wager hundreds per spin. Also unlike low limit pokies, these high limit pokies give players an exciting and engaging experience with higher payout if one is lucky to hit the right symbols. At land casinos also the high rollers sit exclusive in their rooms to play these pokies taking generosity of the casinos to enjoy drinks and other perks. So whether you play highlimit pokies online or at land casinos you need to understand the best strategy to play.
1. First choose play denomination wisely
Many online casinos will allow a wide range of coin denominations on their pokies machines. So, before you start your gameplay, it is a good idea to select a denomination. This may sound like hard work, but actually, a little knowledge and some maths skills will help you make the best decision.
One thing you need to know is that the payout rate grows in parallel to the size of the denomination. Maybe that’s one reason the experts advise to bet high to win big. Knowing that penny pokies machines take the same space as $25 pokies you should think of a way to profit from both games. The trick is to maximize your average winnings on the low limit games by minimizing the payout rate. To sum up, your casino will have an edge, no matter what the payout percentage is, in the long term you should always make a profit.
But note that it’s not a good idea to invest more in pokies than you can afford, just to increase your payout percentage. Wisely your goal should be more fun with minimal losses. It would be best if you try to find a denomination that is somewhere in between high and low limit pokies. Your aim should be to play pokies games that are high enough to keep you entertained, and at the same time affordable enough, so they do not empty your pockets.
2. Select pokies with a better payout
Accordin to statistics most of the pokies players make 600 wagers on an hourly basis so you need to calculate your loss and for that you need some basic multiplication and guesswork. In an example of pokies at Las Vegas pokies there have a max house advantage of 25%. The worst situation that may happen is to lose 25% of each bet that you make. With that information in mind, you can do this simple calculation to predict your losses: 600 hourly bets x $25 per spin X 25% the max house edge = $3750 hourly loss.
These numbers may shock you at first sight, but this will be the case only if you do not choose a game with a better payout percentage. So the first thing you need to do before starting to play with real money is to find a pokie with decent payout rates. This could be a game with a 90% payout percentage, which will result in only 10% loss. Now the figure changes drastically. If you do the equation with the same number of spins on an hourly basis, you will get $1500 per hour. Though fair enough if this sounds a bit too much for you and you prefer to keep it low, then you should probably stick to playing penny pokies. This way even with a 25% edge you will lose only $1.50.
3. Set your time limit to play
When you come up with the numbers of your gambling bankroll, think of how much time you would like to spend playing and reverse the equation that as discussed above to find out your denomination. Suppose you are planning a trip to Vegas for one weekend. Your goal is 4-hour gameplay a day with minimum loss and maximum fun. This makes a total of 8-hour gambling. If you stick with penny pokies to play you will be good to go with $10 or $20. But if you choose 25$ pokies, then be prepared with $12k (maybe) loss for just two days. Your target should be to define the max time and most fun you can spend gaming within the lines of your budget.
4. Opt to play highlimit pokies online
These days it is common to find high limit pokies at online casinos with awesome games from many different software providers that are loaded with different wonderful features like bonus games, free spins and more. If you are unable to find exactly which highlimit pokie to play online you can always ask the customer support team which is available 24/7 for such pokies machines.
Few online games can already be played for higher stakes per spin and these games let you bet on multiple pay lines, and as a result, your wager can be pushed upward very fast. Like a 5$ game with 9 pay lines per single spin, for instance, meaning your wager will go up to 45$ per spin. Certainly, this is not the highest numbers that can be found online, but it is quite enough to get you started and keep you going. Note that online casinos tend to offer higher payout percentages than their land-based counterparts, because they are operating at lower costs. Moreover, online casinos provide the convenience of playing privately anytime, anywhere and nevertheless, even with your mobile and smartphones.
Things to consider when choosing an online casino to play highlimit pokies
- You should look for online casinos that offer reliable banking in your own home currency so that you save money in the exchange rate by playing with offshore currency. Undoubtedly, if you are a high roller and deal with big sums, you need reliable banking options, which provide fast and secure deposits and withdrawals in time.
- Also find the online casino that offers great bonuses and VIP bonuses for playing highlimit pokies. These online casinos should give numerous spectacular rewards, some of which are not even advertised to their VIP gamblers. From deluxe vacations to designer watches, you will be pampered like no other player even by playing at online casinos.
- You should choose best of pokies like 3-reel popular pokies of Red White and Blue, Triple Diamonds and Double Diamonds. You can even try Wheels of Fortune. While most of the brands can be played with $10, $20 or even $100 per spin, Wheels of fortune allows wagers like $500 per spin. When coming to 5-reel video pokies games it is not only new pokies but classic names like Lobstermania and Cleopatra are still the majority of games found in high limit rooms.
But if online casinos are not of your choice and you are planning a visit to Las Vegas then choose high limit pokies at Monte Carlo , Caesars Palace, Bally`s and few others that have awesome facilities for high rollers.