Baccarat is a card game at online casinos. Many players see it as a casino game that has a smaller house edge when compared to other games. This is one reason why baccarat is the perfect game for high-rollers. Baccarat is now available at several popular Aussie friendly online casinos. High-limit baccarat offers fantastic moments of excitement and entertainment due to its really attractive odds and thrilling gameplay.
How to Play High Limit Baccarat?
Join any reputable and legit online casino to play High limit Bacarat. High limit tables always require real money deposits to make a friendly deposit at the casino cashier. Now go the table games section and select high limit Baccarat.
Initial bets are placed on either a Banker or Player bet. These choices are not related to “players” and “dealers” like they are in other games like blackjack. It is as if you are choosing one side of a coin. The Player and Banker represent the two hands in the game.
The first step of the game is to bet on either the Player, Banker or Tie. Once you place your bet, the Player and Banker receive 2 cards each. The Player may draw another card. This happens if the first two cards add up to 5 or less. The third card draw is not the Player’s choice. It is merely a rule in baccarat.
Once the Player has a whole hand, the Banker will hit or stand. Again, the Banker’s rules are per the baccarat game, which we will get into a bit later. Once both hands finish, the comparison will happen. The winning hand is always the hand that is the closest to 9.
Card values are as follows:
- 10 and Face cards, i.e. Jack, Queen, and King are 0
- Ace is 1
- Cards 2 through to 8 are face value
As you can see, 9 is the highest value that can be scored. If a hand adds up to more than 9, ten points will be subtracted from the total. For example, if a hand contains an 8 and a 5, the hand would have a value of 3 (the sum of 8 and 5 is 13, and when you subtract ten from that, you will arrive at 3). If your adds up to 8 or 9, this hand automatically wins and is known as a “natural.”
High Limit Baccarat Game Rules
When playing at high stakes, you should know that the rules are very similar to the original baccarat game.
You are allowed to bet on the Player, Banker or a Tie. Bets are placed, and the cards are dealt and revealed. The card values must add up to 9 or under, as per the ruling above, with no card values being 10 or higher.
The Player and Banker have to hit or stand based on the rules. If the Player has a hand value over 5, the Player must stand. Luckily when playing online, everything is automated, and drawing the third card is done by default. One cannot freely hit or stand like in blackjack.
You win if you’ve bet on the winning hand.
Many reputable online casinos offer live baccarat which is much more enticing with HD video streams and live dealers. The objective of the game is to predict who will win (the Player or the Banker) or if there will be a Tie. If players win consecutive bets, they will soon see the rewards in a big way.
The most important thing to do is understand the numbers in baccarat. The game is played with lower-valued cards, which makes the mathematics easier to handle. However, having a strategy to tackle probabilities is essential. Baccarat is a table game with one of the lowest house edges (next to craps). This is a great reason to love the game. A mere 1.4% advantage goes to bets on the Banker. This creates fantastic odds for the player.
The odds of the player’s hand winning is a massive 44.62%. These odds are just shy of the banker’s losing percentage sitting at 45.85%. Ties are not uncommon either, as the odds of a tie happening are 9.53%, though the house generally has a big advantage on tie bets.
Most players look at the probability of no tie for the most part of the game. If this is the case, the Banker has a 51% chance of winning. If you are unsure, it is advisable to bet on the Banker’s hand for the win.
Many online casinos offer high-limit baccarat. These casinos encourage high-rollers to join luxury VIP clubs that give players access to a world of unique offers. VIP clubs are often tiered, and some online casinos have over 6 VIP levels. This tiered approach is an incredible way of making high-rollers feel welcome, even if they play big less often than others. You will be eligible to receive welcome bonuses, reload bonuses, and weekly bonuses from the casino.
If you are a high-roller, it is a great idea to try and deposit more than $1000 as a start. This amount will boost your welcome bonus and future playing bonuses with the online casino.
If you’re a high roller that’s looking for a thrilling experience, you have to play baccarat live. Premium casinos like Rich Casino offer the game live, letting you can play alongside fellow high-rollers with ease. All you have to do is access the live casino section and select a game. The most common live baccarat games are Baccarat Gold and Baccarat VIP Table. These tables have maximum bets of up to $2000 but definitely for serious players only.